Wednesday, July 8, 2009

6.30.09

TELEPHONE POLE JOGGING

Dear everyone,

How are you guys? Oh, you don't know how relieved I was to get Lacey's letters finally, YES! I CAN receive pictures. I got like 8 letters yesterday. It was real nice. Today was a really, really bad day. I woke up and was real tired. This kid kept coughing and waking me up, plus I read letters til 10, than had fire watch from 10-11. I ended up getting about 4 1/2 hours total. In this place, you need at least 7 or it's hard to function. We had a 5:25 breakfast; after, we had PT. Regular day, right? WRONG! PT was spent walking around in teams with telephone poles on our backs, Bogus. We first ran around the track which is a half a mile long. That was gay. The Pole was 800-1000 lbs heavy. It took 10 of us and we had to march it, 3/4 of a mile, with exercises in between. Super gay. Then we got IT'd. I was kind of used to that. Whenever we do anything, it ends in the pit, inevitably. We were then rushed through lunch chow-then, went to drill. The drill master ended up kicking us off the parade deck. So, guess where we ended up? Just guess. Just guess. The pit? Is that your final answer? Ding, ding, ding, YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!......... This time was different. I can't even explain. You don't know the meaning of fatigue and pain. We IT'd with our M16A2 service rifles. Heinous! Just heinous! After those 2 events, I literally couldn't feel my arms. lol. I've been slacking and haven't taken my pneumonia meds, so, I'm getting a fever and chills. Mom, I know how much you hate me ending on a bad note, so, I'll tell you about yesterday-A crazy good day. I woke up five minutes before Lights. That is always a good thing. Being woken up by lights is a miserable experience at best. I got up and went to chow. We went to MCMAP-that wasn't too bad. After that, (scratch that), during that, DI SGT Brewer asked me what size my boots were. Back at the house, he asked me again, so I told him 7 wide. He tells me to put on my nice boots-we all have 2 pairs. Combat boots-tight, uncomfortable and irritating. We also have jungle boots-looser, comfortable and ventilated. He asked if anyone who had a problem with their boots. Long story short, I changed up out a pair of boots for him. His were brand new, he needed a different size-so I helped him out. Now, he really likes me. I'm sorry it's been so long but I've had very little time to write. I have a laundry patrol every night for the last 4 nights. Once again. Heinous. I've decided to include a couple of "Coleisms" in every letter. Ridiculous things my SDI says. The other night it was, "If I had a sniper bazooka, I"d blow you all up!" Yesterday, "I'm a marine, I say everything short and the way I mean it. Big words like 'expedite.' Ha. When I do enhance my sentences, it's with a kill, f***, S***." So, to finish this letter up, I'm going to tell you about Drill. It's a lot more difficult than you'd think. Walk one foot in front of the other, like on a tight rope. Lean back, pick up your knees and drive your heels into the deck. Always carry the stupid rifle everywhere. Gay. Today's Coleism was every time he gets what he wants, he looks around says "Magnificent!" It's just funny. For you people who know about guns, I'm going to go over Inspection arms real quick. Mind you, 83 guys are doing this at the exact same time. Start with rifle at order arms on the deck. Left hand on the hand guard and right hand on the small of the stack. Grab the pistol grip the reverse way and push the hold back button. Pull the charging hurdle till it locks. Push it back in, put it into the air and check the chamber for a round, then, bring it back to part arms. All in less than 10 seconds-Well, got to go. Later.

Suter

No comments:

Post a Comment