Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day


I wanted to get this post up as early as I could this morning so that those reading it could keep in their heads the true meaning of The Fourth of July. I took the following from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_(United_States).

"In the United States, Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a Federal Holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring Independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain."

Now I've always loved my country but I think that since my son is training to defend the United States, I have become more patriotic. I thank these young men and women who have chosen to fight for and defend this great nation of ours. Many of whom have truly given the ultimate sacrifice and paid the price for our freedom with their blood. So as you go through your day today, take a minute to remember that someone fought for your right to sit by the pool, barbecue hot dogs, and sip on lemonade. Better yet, take a mere five minutes and write a letter to someone you know in any of our armed services. Let them know that you appreciate their sacrifice and thank them for the amazing job they do. Sadly, it took my only son to leave and train to make that very sacrifice before I saw this for myself. My heart goes out to all families who's mothers, fathers, sons and daughters are around this world defending our freedoms and protecting those who need it.

THANK YOU

2 comments:

  1. Jake my brother its Matt Kutcher... I just got back from Havasu and heard about this blog. I know you are the leadrer out ther Jake keep your head held up high no matter what happens. I have faith in you and in what your trying to accomplish out there. I respect you and have love for you that can only be shared by blood. Let me know when your graduation is and ill be there Jake.
    Love,
    Matt Kutcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jake,
    i hope all is well with you. We never met but your dad speaks of you quite often. I never served for our country just my community (lol), but respect those that do. When i was 17, i was thinking of what set of 20" rims i was gonna get. For you to say I want to be a US MARINE is just WOW. As your DI said your a grown-@$$ man.
    How's your partner Avant? is he doing well? i know a lil somthing about not feeling loved or not getting letters. Yeah it does bring down your spirits a bit but hey your preparing to be one of the most bad ass mofo around. A US MARINE. so overcome, adapt, and suck it up. you'll feel 1000 times better when you graduate.
    And on that note thank you for stepping up, and good luck on your journey.
    P/S
    Maybe when you get back from basic we can hook up and go airsoft.
    Big Chris

    ReplyDelete