Tuesday, August 11, 2009

8.11.09


INTENSITY-GOOD STUFF

Dear Mom,

How are you?  It's not that I choose not write very often, it's just that we are discouraged from writing....They say we are going to be making contact soon , so, we probably shouldn't bother.  I write when I can, though.  Life here is pretty full, except now it's slowing down to a crawl.  I have a lot of guard duty now.  I stand around and yell at first phase recruits, write letters and all that.  By the way, I only got one letter from you guys all second phase.  We had a giant mail call before we left.  The night before.  I just barely got a birthday card yesterday and today is August 8th.  You know when you point when you are angry?  Well, the military or Marine Corps. specifically has developed something called knife hand.  It is statistically proven to be 200 % more threatening and conveying anger.  It's a  Hat hand thumb up, all five fingers,  stacked.  I sputter non-sense like a DI does, and people are afraid.  HaHa.  If you wouldn't mind calling  Robert and Sandy and thanking  them for me, I'd appreciate it.  I should be calling home tonight and you should be hearing from me tonight.  

Up north was good.  I really shined during Field Week.  I shot well on combat shooting . Hiking, Land Nav., GOOD STUFF.  An assault course on my birthday.  It's an adrenaline rush like you can't even believe.  Everyone is running around screaming-I was leading my squad of 20 guys-giving orders, returning fire.  INTENSE.  The other night,  I had guard duty on the old barracks.  There are 4 posts-our house, the Px, storage shed, and the Quasi huts(barracks).  It would have been a relaxed night walk if I hadn't been continuously engaged and assaulted by the enemy DI's and SDI.  So, I was running around returning fire and engaging.  That was my favorite boot camp experience.  Kicking in a door and pointing a rubber rifle at my kill hat and telling him to get on the deck.  GOOD STUFF.  Also very INTENSE.  Up north, I was eaten by fire ants.  I have 12 bites on my head, 19 on my left arm, and 8 on my right arm.  That's pretty much the set-up here... 

Thank you
R Suter

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, I've read this whole blog site in one sitting. I started at 11 pm right now it's 3:30 am (plus I cant sleep cus of the rockstar). The more I read the more I find my life to suck. I don't worry about much, but when I do, they're petty. like you said we "think" we have problems but things could always be worse like "A woman can cut your penis off in the middle of the night, and throw it out of a moving car." (inside joke) Your mom is so proud of you. when I went to pick up my letter she looked like a, from what a mexican would call a very proud person, Rooster, this is a compliment. In fact My mom is proud of you (I should have seen this one coming). We all (my family, literally, my mom, duh, my dad, Isabell, anissa, josh, andy, and I) miss you and know your are going to march out of there with flying colors.

    your Brother,(hehe another inside joke, I never had this many with one person)
    Chris

    ReplyDelete