Wednesday, August 5, 2009

8.5.09


Contemplation...........

"Dear people back home,

This letter isn't going to be a happy one, more contemplative.  Someone said in a letter, I won't mention who, asked why I would want to join the Marine Corps.,  as it is filthy.  You know what I realized?  I know why marines are always doing stupid things.  The way we live our lives is not like the civilians.  What is your most stressful part of your day, a  long grocery line, rush hour, perhaps being late?  If you  are late, someone might get a little annoyed or might even  lose a client.  Now, I'm not belittling the way you live your life, but in my line of business, being late, by even a fraction of a second is a matter of life and death.  I'm just pointing out differences.  The norm for a marine is very different.  When we go back out to civilian world, we feel out of place.  That is why marines go get sport bikes, drink, and fight.  Most stressful events you experience, we go through everyday.  I know that you really don't understand but we get woken up with people screaming at us, constantly get verbally assaulted by DIs and IT'd, running with 105 pound packs, and even finding an M16 with live rounds next to people who don't like you.  Do you understand?  When we get a craving for something sweet, instead of candy, we suck on a cough drop.  Why, you may ask?  They are nasty!!!!!  How can I expect understanding- hours of drilling and cleaning.  It is not your fault-as a civilian you can't possibly understand what we're going through every second of our day.  Screamed at, It'd.  If any one of you is brave enough I'll IT you when I get home.  But, you have your place, and so do these recruits. If you are sick, you stay home, here, everyone is sick.  

Yesterday, we did this beastly 10 mile hike...it was not hard because the pack was only 85 pounds.  On the hike, I got to call Moto chants-Stuff like "Woh, oh.  OH, oh.  I used to wear some baggie jeans,  now all I wear is cami greens." 

 Thanks for all the Warhammer stuff-you started a Warhammer craze!  If you could send the Space Marine codex, that'd be great too.  I didn't qulalify very high at shooting.  I kinda suck.  There are 7 guys sitting around making War hammer armies.  Everyone, I miss you.  I have too go now- got chow, then , combat concealment practice.  You wouldn't believe how busy we were up North.  BTW, I'm a Scribe and Squad Leader.  Ask my recruiter,  who still hasn't written.  Send more Warhammer stuff!  I Love It!  LOL"

Rec Suter


No comments:

Post a Comment