Friday, June 26, 2009

6.21.09

Yea-another

"I'm sitting at medical right now so I decided to write to you again.  I can't describe how much I miss you.  Life is so lonely here. I want to be a Marine but right now I don't want to be here.  It really is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do.  I know if I just grit my teeth and scream, I can do it though.  It's odd being here-makes me realize how young I really am.  Allot of the older guys say I'm really brave.  They say they couldn't have done this at seventeen.  To be honest when I look back, I don't know how I'm doing it.  I guess I'm a man now.  After only two weeks that's what the Di's tell me.  "You're all grown-a__ men, act like it!"  So, I try my best.  Sometimes, when we get in a rut, it just seems so hopeless.  Other times when we are successful, nothing can stop us.  I've learned I'm not a civilian anymore-I'm something more-much more important.  I heard music today.  I was disgusted by it.I would much rather hear SDI call marching cadence-that is what speaks to me now.  If there was a hell on earth, it'd be called MCRDSDS.  I hate every drill instructor but my three.  And my DI Staff Sargent Algado.  I just showed Lacy's picture to my platoon leader, he said she looks like someone famous.  I'll catch up with you guys tonight.

Love, Recruit Suter

LATER

Today was hard day.  After I got back from medical, I was thinking about home so it lowered my morale.  PLEASE WRITE.  People have been getting lots of mail.  It really is hurting me.  I've written more mail than anyone else.  I don't understand why I've got nothing.  Tonight my thing I appreciate more is non excessive punishment.  At home you are late to the dinner table.  Nothing.  Maybe a gentle reprimand.  Here, you don't get your socks on fast enough, IT.  You eat same food in your room.  Nothing.  Here IT.  Love you guys.  Please spread out my address.  I need help.  Love you."

Recruit Jake Suter

This letter is a tough one-it's hard to hear.  Please COMMENT  on these blogs and  SEND HIM LETTERS.  It's his only lifeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment